What to expect in the copyediting process:
- After you fill out my contact form, I will send you a link to book a time for a 30-minute consult call, so we can make sure there's a good fit.
- I will then email you a free sample copyedit along with a customized project proposal.
- If you decide you would like me to copyedit or proofread your book, I will send you my editing contract to sign, which puts us on the same page in terms of expectations, timeline, payment deadlines, etc.
- To secure a spot in my schedule, I ask for 50% of the payment upfront before I start editing. You can pay either via PayPal, credit card, or Interac e-transfer (for Canadians). Then the remaining 50% is due before I return the edited document to you.
- Depending on the length of your manuscript, it will take me at least 3 weeks to finish copyediting your book.
- I will email you the edited document in Microsoft Word with Track Changes and comments in the margin. I also provide you with a style sheet with all the style decisions on capitalization, abbreviations, numbers, etc., along with an editorial report on your strengths and weaknesses and how to improve your writing.